From the Cypress Police Department:
The Cypress Police Department recently held a competitive testing process for the position of Police Lieutenant. After a lengthy process with candidates from within the organization, Sergeant Rod Cox, a twenty-one (21) year member of the department, was selected to serve as the next Lieutenant.
Rod Cox, a U.S. Army veteran, began his career with the Cypress Police Department as a Police Officer-Trainee on August 13, 1990. Upon his completion of training at the Golden West College Police Academy, Rod was promoted to Police Officer on December 10, 1990. Rod advanced to the position of Police Sergeant on May 2, 2003.
Rod has attained his Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Supervisory P.O.S.T. certificates. He possesses a Bachelor’s degree from California State University, Long Beach, and has successfully completed the Sherman Block Supervisory Leadership Institute course.
Sergeant Cox was awarded the 1999 Officer of the Year by the Cypress Police Officers’ Association. He has received numerous certificates of commendation from the Chief in recognition for implementing our Police Training Officer Program, for his superb handling of a sex registrant incident, for his diligence and attention to detail when completing several administrative investigations, for his work on the Cottonwood homicide case, and for implementation of the Directed Enforcement Team. Sergeant Cox has served in key leadership positions on the C.P.O.A. Board.
During his tenure with the Department, Rod has worked with the Special Enforcement Team, has served as a detective, was a member of S.W.A.T., and has handled Watch Commander duties. Sergeant Cox supervised the Criminal Investigations Bureau and is currently assigned as the Patrol Adjutant within the Operations Division. Rod is also a Senior Recruit Training Officer and an instructor at the Golden West College Criminal Justice Training Center.
Please join me in congratulating Sergeant Cox on his promotion to Police Lieutenant. Lieutenant Cox will be formally introduced to the City Council on June 27, 2011.
- U.S. Bank robbed at knifepoint (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress: New Sergeant at Cypress Police Department (cehwiedel.com)
- Cypress: Student Arrested For Cypress College Burglary (cehwiedel.com)
- Cypress: Two Arrested After Short Pursuit (cehwiedel.com)
- BREAKING: CYPRESS POLICE OFFICER RECOVERING AFTER MOTOR CYCLE ACCIDENT. He had just finished in Funeral Procession for Officer Andrew Garton. What are the odds of this happening? (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Cypress: Retired Police Chief Hicks to Head Placentia PD (cehwiedel.com)