Dr. Sherry Kropp, the new superintendent of Los Alamitos Unified School District, spoke to members of the Los Alamitos Chamber of Commerce at this morning’s networking breakfast at the Courtyard by Marriott in Cypress.
Dr. Kropp shared information about the strength of the school district, the national recognition that the school district has received as exemplified by a Wall Street Journal article singing the district’s praises, and a list of accomplishments from last year that she looks to build upon in the coming school year.
Two technology milestones reached this year are the implementation of online attendance and installation of wireless access throughout the district.
The district’s modernization projects — about three years through a five-year timeline — are on time and on budget. McGaugh Elementary School is completed. McAuliffe Middle School and Los Alamitos Elementary School are almost done. Ground has been broken at Hopkinson and Rossmoor Elementary Schools. Planning and design have started for Lee Elementary School and Los Alamitos High School.
The hotel, located at 5865 Katella Avenue just west of Valley View Street, is currently undergoing renovations. A temporary front desk has been set up on the east side of the building. The main entrance on the west side is currently blocked off.
Pictured left to right in this post’s featured photo are Judy Klabouch, chairwoman of the Los Alamitos Chamber of Commerce; and Dr. Sherry Kropp, superintendent of Los Alamitos Unified School District.
- New LAUSD Superintendent Sherry Kropp loves her job (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District chooses Johnson as new assistant superintendent of educational services (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD names Pulver as assistant superintendent (oc-breeze.com)
- Congratulations to the Los Alamitos High School graduating class of 2011 (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD announces Meyer as new deputy superintendent (oc-breeze.com)
- Majority-vote state budget hits schools, redevelopment agencies (oc-breeze.com)
- New members sought for Los Alamitos High School site council (oc-breeze.com)