On Tuesday, September 20, at 7:35 p.m., officers from Seal Beach Police Department responded to the area of Pacific Coast Highway north of Anderson Street regarding a vehicle that had struck a pedestrian.
The Orange County Fire Authority responded to the scene. OCFA Paramedics treated the 64-year-old male and transported him to Long Beach Memorial where he is being treated for his injuries. The extent of his injuries continues to be assessed but he is likely to survive.
The driver of the vehicle was interviewed and released. It was determined the driver of the vehicle had not been drinking.
Several witnesses said the pedestrian was attempting to cross PCH outside of a sidewalk or controlled intersection.
The multi-agency Serious Traffic Accident Response (STAR) Team responded to the collision and is conducting the investigation. The STAR Team is comprised of police officers from the cities of Seal Beach, Cypress and Los Alamitos.
The Seal Beach Police Department requests anyone who witnessed the collision to contact Traffic Investigator Joe Garcia. His phone number is 562-799-4100, ext. 1649.
- Seal Beach police explorers join county-wide competition (oc-breeze.com)
- Body recovered from west jetty of Anaheim Bay (oc-breeze.com)
- Pedestrian struck by car dies of injuries (oc-breeze.com)
- Attempted purse-snatching at Bank of America (oc-breeze.com)
- Was driver in fatal PCH Ferrari crash joyriding in a customer’s car? [Video] (jalopnik.com)