The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Placentia will host a one-day free flu-shot clinic on Friday, October 21, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The vaccine includes H1N1, so you won’t need a separate shot for that strain of influenza.
Free flu shots will be given to adults and children (at least 3 years old) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Seasonal flu shots are recommended for all healthy persons who are at least 6 months old.
The shots are especially recommended for adults who:
- are older than 50
- are pregnant during flu season
- have chronic disorders of their lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, nervous system, blood or digestive system
- have a limited immune system
- provide health care
- are caregivers to young children, older adults or persons with chronic disorders
A flu shot cannot be given to anyone who:
- is sick at the time of the shot
- is allergic to eggs
- had a previous reaction to a flu shot
- have a history of Guillan Barre Syndrome
The vaccinations will take place at 210 Livingston Avenue in Placentia.
Drive-through patients will enter via the driveway on Livingston.
Walk-through patients will enter from the front of the church on the sidewalk.
No public parking will be available.
The flu-shot clinic is sponsored by:
- City of Placentia
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- Emergency Ambulance
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Placentia Police Department
- Health Disaster Management
- City of Placentia Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- City of Placentia Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES)
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
- Stanbridge College