On September 30, at approximately 4:38 a.m., a male subject called Cypress Police from a telephone in front of the police station, at 5275 Orange Avenue, to report that he was the victim of a robbery and had been stabbed. Officers located the subject at the front of the Cypress Police Station with obvious injuries to his abdomen and legs. Paramedics from the Orange County Fire Authority were called to render emergency first aid to the 22 year-old male victim.
Investigators developed information that identified 2 suspects, Mark Ohl and Bobbie Shay Crosby. The victim reported that he was forced to go with the suspects to an undisclosed location in Cypress, where he was made to surrender his ATM card and P.I.N. number. The male suspect obtained cash from the victim’s bank account while the victim was held against his will by Bobbie Shay Crosby. During the time he was being held by the suspects, he was stabbed multiple times. When the suspects fled the area, leaving the victim behind, the victim then walked about a 1/2 mile until he got to the front of the Cypress Police Station and reported the incident and his injuries.
Police detectives located Mark Ohls and subsequently arrested him. Mark Ohls was booked at the Cypress City Jail on charges of PC664/187-Attempt murder, PC211-Robbery, PC207(a)-Kidnapping and PC182(a)-Conspiracy. He was later transported to the Orange County Jail with bail set at $500,000.
The victim was transported to the UCI-Trauma Unit and is reported to be in stable condition.
Detectives are continuing to following up leads in an effort to locate Bobbie Shay Crosby. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Cypress Police Department at 714-229-6600, or the Cypress Police Watch Commander at 714-229-6615.
Suspects Mark Ohls (left) and Bobbie Shay Crosby (right).
Photo composited from separate photos courtesy of the Cypress Police Department.
- Cypress Police Department sponsors bone marrow donor drive (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Police Department National Night Out 2011 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, September 15 to September 21 (oc-breeze.com)
- Inaugural Cypress Police Appreciation Luncheon date set (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, September 8 to September 14 (oc-breeze.com)
- Tip-a-Cop on the menu (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Police Department launches intensive crackdown on impaired driving (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, August 25 to August 31 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, September 1 to September 7 (oc-breeze.com)