The “No Bands Bandit,” an unidentified male bank robber linked to at least two bank robberies in the cities of Hacienda Heights and Santa Ana, is being sought by law enforcement, including the FBI, Santa Ana PD, and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. During the bank robbery in Santa Ana, a witness stated that the bandit displayed a weapon under his clothing.
The bandit, who demands cash with “no bands” when he approaches the victim teller, is described as follows:
White or Hispanic male
170 – 180 lbs.
45 – 55 years old
The bank robberies linked to the No Bands Bandit are listed below:
U.S. Bank 2040
S. Hacienda Heights Blvd.
2740 N. Grand Ave.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the FBI or dial 911. In Los Angeles, the FBI can be reached toll free, 24 hours a day, at 888 CANT HIDE (888 226-8443).
The No-Bands Bandit during one of the bank robberies.
- ‘No Bands Bandit’ bank robbery suspect arrested (abclocal.go.com)
- ‘No Bands Bandit’ surveillance photos released (abclocal.go.com)
- FBI seeks ‘Stare Down Bandit’ for bank robbery (oc-breeze.com)
- Tri-Cities Bandit Now Linked to Nine Bank Robberies in Eight Cities here in Los Angeles County (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- ‘Tri-Cities Bandit’ indicted by LA grand jury (abclocal.go.com)
- ‘Bad Hair Bandit’ suspect busted in California (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Has SoCal’s ‘Geezer Bandit’ struck again? (upi.com)
- Public’s help sought in search for ‘Tourist Bandit’ (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Tri-Cities Bandits Behind Bars Following Westlake Village Bank Robbery (laist.com)