The following is a news release from the Congressional campaign of Steve Kuykendall.
Combat Veterans for Congress, a national veterans organization, announced its endorsement of Republican businessman, and former Congressman Steve Kuykendall for the newly created 47th Congressional District.
“Steve Kuykendall has everything we look for in a future leader in Congress — a battle tested combat veteran who will rein in the out of control debt and stop the endless borrowing and spending,” said Combat for Veterans Chairman Joseph John.
“We need to elect candidates who will put our country back on track to economic and fiscal accountability — and promote the free enterprise system that has created the greatest economic engine in history,” continued John.
Steve Kuykendall is a former Marine Corps Captain, a businessman, and a former member of the California State Assembly (representing the city of Long Beach) and Congress. He and his wife Jan have three grown children and reside in the city of Long Beach.
There are now three Republicans running in CA-67: Gary DeLong, Troy Edgar and Steve Kuykendall. Only one is based in Orange County: Troy Edgar. The others’ base is in Long Beach.
Campaign courtesy photo of Steve Kuykendall during his service in Vietnam.
- Troy Edgar makes his race for Congress official (oc-breeze.com)
- Troy Edgar has formed a committee to run for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- Introducing Gary DeLong, candidate for Congressional District 47 (oc-breeze.com)
- Republican Gary DeLong gathers endorsements in Congressional District 47 race (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County legislative mixer shows effects of redistricting (oc-breeze.com)