79th Sustainment Support Command
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Please join Major General William D. Frink, Jr. and the Soldiers of the 79th Sustainment Support Command (SSC) 11 a.m. Saturday, January 7, 2011 in front of Robinson Hall (Building. 4) located on the Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB), Los Alamitos for a retirement ceremony celebrating decades of service to our country from several of our combat veterans. The five Soldiers retiring this weekend have more than 150 years of combined service to the nation.
- Chaplain (Colonel) William L. Brunold
- Colonel Wendy P. Polhemus
- Colonel Maureen C. Robles
- Master Sergeant John Barrow
- Sergeant First Class Tuan A. Nguyen
The 79th SSC is a two-star Army Reserve command with units throughout Southern California and the western United States. Headquartered at the JFTB, Los Alamitos, the 79th SSC provides trained, ready, cohesive, well-led sustainment forces for world-wide deployment. The 79th SSC currently has troops conducting logistical support operations in Afghanistan, Kuwait, and other locations around the world.
- 79th Sustainment Support Command to host groundbreaking at JFTB (oc-breeze.com)
- JFTB Thanksgiving appreciation lunch (oc-breeze.com)
- A big “Thank you!” from OC Breeze to JFTB (oc-breeze.com)
- Catch Freedom Award Fever at Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base (oc-breeze.com)
- Lieutenant Colonel Russell takes command at JFTB (oc-breeze.com)
- JFTB personnel help open Moving Wall exhibit (oc-breeze.com)