Fireworks shot off at the point the Council considered what action to take in response to City Attorney Sandra Levin’s determination that Councilman Warren Kusumoto violated the Brown Act in releasing a letter to the media listing reasons for recusing himself from closed session meetings related to to law suit brought against the City by Citizens for a Fair Trash Contract.
With Councilman Kusumoto recused, the Council majority voted to refer the matter to the Orange County District Attorney and the State Attorney General.
The following is an agenda with links into specific points of the meeting.
AGENDA – Regular Meeting – January 17, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5. PRESENTATIONS A. Certificates of Appreciation to LAHS Girls Volleyball Team for winning the 2011 CIF Division 1 Champions B. Presentation by Colonel R. Mark Toy , U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
6. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC COMMENT:
Jim Lessner (re; red light cameras), J.M. Ivler, Dave Emerson (re: atty billings) Shane Causey, Roger Phillips, Judy Klabouch (re: Los Al Chamber of Commerce and Shops at Rossmoor traffic), Richard Murphy, George Briggeman (Aquatics Foundation),
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
A. Approval of Minutes (City Clerk) – Regular Meeting – December 19, 2011. B. Warrants – January 17, 2012. C. Emergency Roof Repairs – Emergency Conditions several city buildings D. Resolution No. 2012-01 – Amendment to the City’s Conflict of Interest Code E. Approval of the Fiscal Year 2012-13 Budget Calendar
9. DISCUSSION ITEMS
A. Authorization to Purchase Scientia’s PO Assist Software Bundle
10. MAYOR AND COUNCIL INITIATED BUSINESS
A. Discussion of Violations of Law Related to Closed Session
1. Public Comment
B. City Council Member Appointments/Reappointments
C. Council Announcements
11. ITEMS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
Here’s the full video:
Thanks, CSMP TV!
- Los Alamitos Council cancels first meeting in January (oc-breeze.com)
- Video of November 7 Los Alamitos City Council Meeting (oc-breeze.com)
- Kusumoto recuses himself from closed session deliberations on Trash lawsuit (oc-breeze.com)
- Poe accuses Kusumoto of Brown Act violation (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos picks Troy Edgar as mayor, Marilynn Poe as mayor pro tem (oc-breeze.com)
- Great Dane Baking Company open for business after unplanned drive-through (oc-breeze.com)
- FPPC rules Los Alamitos Council members have no conflict of interest (oc-breeze.com)
- Video of November 21 Los Alamitos City Council Meeting (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos resident and activist Brad Sheridan dies suddenly (oc-breeze.com)