The following information was released by Troy Edgar’s campaign.
Earlier today, Mayor Troy Edgar announced that he will be running for California’s newly drawn 72nd Assembly District, encompassing West Orange County.
In launching his campaign, Edgar has already amassed almost $300,000 Cash on Hand, and has picked up endorsements from some of West Orange County’s most respected leaders, including Representative Ed Royce, State Senator Tom Harman, and Assemblyman Jim Silva.
“I believe California has arrived at a critical moment in its history. We must become a state that allows businesses to thrive and jobs to flourish. I am anxious to take my experience in the business world and local government to Sacramento to become a force for a prosperous future for California,” said Edgar.
Edgar has also picked up support from local leaders from throughout the 72nd District, including Los Alamitos Mayor Pro Tem Marilynn Poe and Councilman Ken Stephens, Seal Beach Mayor Pro Tem Gary Miller, and Fountain Valley Councilman Larry Crandall.
In announcing his bid for the State Assembly, Edgar brings to a close his previous candidacy for the 47th Congressional District, deciding that the Party’s best opportunity to win the seat was to run united and avoid a costly Primary.
Troy Edgar is a Navy Veteran, the owner of two successful Orange County businesses, and currently serves as the Mayor of Los Alamitos. Active in his community, Troy volunteers much of his time with the Casa Youth Shelter, AYSO, PTA, and his local Chamber of Commerce. Troy and his wife Betty live in Los Alamitos, where they have raised three sons.
Editor’s note: this switch pits Edgar against Matthew Harper, who recently collected an endorsement from Rep. Dana Rohrabacher.
A map of California State Assembly District 72 courtesy of California Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- Los Alamitos picks Troy Edgar as mayor, Marilynn Poe as mayor pro tem (oc-breeze.com)
- How the money stacks up through 2011 in CA-47 (oc-breeze.com)
- Orange County Assemblyman Allan Mansoor Endorses Troy Edgar for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- OCDA Rackauckas endorses Edgar for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- OCGOP names Troy Edgar as 2011 Tax Fighter of the Year (oc-breeze.com)
- Orange County mayors support Troy Edgar for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- Family Action PAC endorses Troy Edgar for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Council approves ordinance to make city parks ‘child safety zones” (oc-breeze.com)
- Moorlach endorses Edgar for Congress (oc-breeze.com)