The following information was released by the Cypress School District.
The Cypress School District will be offering a transitional kindergarten for the 2012/13 school year.
Transitional kindergarten is a two year kindergarten program that is age and developmentally appropriate and provides a modified curriculum for students who turn five after the November 1st date but by December 2, 2012.
The program will be offered at all of our schools. Parents should register their child for this program at their neighborhood school site.
Requirements for transitional kindergarten
Criteria for enrollment include:
- must turn five between November 2 and December 2, 2012;
- provide proof of birth date;
- provide immunization records;
- proof of physical and oral health exams.
Additional information regarding kindergarten registration can be found on the Cypress School District website at www.cypsd.k12.ca.us.
Cypress is also enrolling interdistrict transfer students for transitional kindergarten. If you would like to enroll your children in transitional kindergarten, please contact your home school district for the appropriate paperwork.
If you have any questions, please contact the Educational Services office at 714-220-6921.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of Cypress School District headquarters.
- Cypress School District Fall-term kindergarten registration starts Feb. 17 (oc-breeze.com)
- New at St. Irenaeus Parish School for the 2012-2013 school year: transitional kindergarten (oc-breeze.com)
- Jim Poper recognized as 2012 Administrator of the Year by LAUSD (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School Board receives report on mid-year state budget cuts (oc-breeze.com)
- St. Irenaeus to host information night for parents of new kindergartners or first graders (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD Superintendent Kropp addresses problems raised by state budget (oc-breeze.com)