The Rossmoor Homeowners Association will hold its monthly recycling drive on Saturday, March 31, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rush Park on Blume Dr. in Rossmoor.
Drop off your recyclable newspapers, cans and (non-glass) bottles with RHA volunteers.
Rules for paper
Separate newspaper waste from all other paper waste. Newspaper waste includes:
- everything in local and regional newspapers
- phone books with covers removed
Other paper waste includes:
- cardboard, cartons and so forth
- books, phone book covers and magazines
Rules for cans and plastic bottles
Please put empty cans and plastic bottles in separate bags or containers after removing caps from all bottles.
Label the containers with one of the following phrases:
- California Redemption Value
- California Cash Refund
- CA Cash Refund
- CA CRV
At the drop-off site in Rush Park, put pre-sorted cans and bottles into the trash barrels labeled “Pre-Sort.”
Put unsorted cans and bottles on the table.
Glass recyclables are no longer accepted because of potential hazard from broken glass.
File photo of aluminum cans by C.E.H. Wiedel.
- Monthly recycling scheduled in Rossmoor (oc-breeze.com)
- Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Republican Women kick up their heels (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach agrees to new traffic study (oc-breeze.com)
- Mark your calendars for the 2012 Rossmoor Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)