The following information was released by the Cypress School District.
Public hearing and adoption of Board’s proposal to negotiate with ACT and CSEA
Following a Public Hearing, the Board adopted the proposal to negotiate with ACT, including wages, hours of employment, and health and welfare benefits. Again, following a Public Hearing, the Board adopted the proposal to negotiate with CSEA, Chapter #325, including wages, hours of employment, and health and welfare benefits.
Schedule of Board meetings
The Board approved the following dates for summer Board meetings: Thursday, July 12, 9:00 a.m. and Thursday, August 16, 9:00 a.m. In addition, a special Board meeting was scheduled for Thursday, April 26, 5:00 p.m. These dates have been posted on the District website.
Library Book Donation
The Board approved the donation of one library book per school, entitled Friends: True Stories of Extraordinary Animal Friendships, and to affix a placard to the books that designates them as having been donated by the Board of Trustees in recognition of the certificated and classified employees of the District.
Recognition of employees
The Board of Trustees adopted resolutions recognizing May 9, 2012 as Day of the Teacher and May 21-25, 2012 as Classified School Employees’ Week.
2012/13 School Calendar
The Board approved the student calendars and employee holidays for the 2012/13 school year.
2010/11 Fiscal Year Financial and Performance Audits for Measure M
The Board accepted the Measure M General Obligation Bond Building Fund of Cypress School District Audit Report for the Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2011, as prepared by Nigro & Nigro PC, noting there were no out of compliance findings.
Parent Survey Results
The Board discussed the results of the recent parent survey, which was provided to allow parents the opportunity to give input on how they would like to see future funds from our asset management program spent. The Superintendent noted there was strong interest in the class size reduction program, technology, and visual and performing arts. These results are posted on the District and school websites.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of the headquarters of Cypress School District.
- Highlights from Cypress School Board meeting on March 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District resource specialist and Board member receive recognition (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School Superintendent describes progress on school modernization (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District to offer transitional kindergarten for 2012/2013 school year (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District Fall-term kindergarten registration starts Feb. 17 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Council approves letter regarding disposal of former Cawthon School site (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School Board receives report on mid-year state budget cuts (oc-breeze.com)
- Vessels Elementary School PTA sponsors contest for new bulldog mascot design (oc-breeze.com)