The following information was released by We Care of Los Alamitos.
We Care of Los Alamitos, a 501(c)3 organization, is announcing their first annual High Heel Dash as part of the Rossmoor Community Festival on May 6 at 10 a.m.
The Dash is open to children, teens, seniors, gentlemen, and ladies as long as they run in 2 inch heels. One division includes participants in costumes. Participants can register at www.wecarelosalamitos.org or by phone 562-598-9790.
Family services available from We Care of Los Alamitos
This event is a fundraiser for We Care Family Resource Center, which provides a comprehensive, seamless range of services to prevent individuals and families from becoming homeless.
Monetary help such as rental assistance, utility assistance and DMV fees can be given to alleviate temporary crises.
Food, personal care items, and clothes are available at no cost to clients.
Case management provides individualized plans for each family and individual to be sure that basic needs are met along with achieving self-sufficiency.
Clients have access to a myriad of other services through We Care referrals to shelters, medical and legal services, and jobs.
Register to participate, be part of the Festival fun, and help a good cause!
Editor’s note: runners should bring their own two-inch heels.
Red women’s pump heels by Undine.
- The story of Maravilla and her daughters explains Why We Care (oc-breeze.com)
- We Care – From the Heart fundraiser coming up in March (oc-breeze.com)
- Young entrepreneurs work to do good (oc-breeze.com)
- After-action report on We Care’s From the Heart fundraiser (oc-breeze.com)
- The jazz was cool and the bidding hot at We Care’s From the Heart fundraiser (oc-breeze.com)