The following information was released by the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA).
East Segment — Valley View Street to Seal Beach Boulevard
The northbound I-405 freeway will be closed from Valley View Street to Seal Beach Boulevard between midnight and 5 a.m., Monday night, April 23 and Tuesday night, April 24. This full closure is necessary to allow crews to transport falsework to the Valley View Street bridge construction area.
Beginning tonight, crews will begin removing light poles in the center median of the I-405 between Valley View Street and Seal Beach Boulevard. This work will take place at night between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. and will be ongoing for the next two weeks. Crews must remove some of the light poles and demolish portions of the center median as part of the construction activity for the SR-22 / I-405 carpool connector. Please be advised this work may be loud and disruptive due to equipment noise, back-up alarms and minor demolition activities in the center of the I-405.
This week the contractor will begin pre-stressing the western half of the Valley View Street bridge. The Valley View Street bridge is on schedule to reopen July 2012.
The westbound SR-22 / northbound I-405 connector and southbound I-405 / eastbound SR-22 connector will be closed nightly this week. For more information included recommended detours, refer to the Closure & Detour Notice.
West Segment — Seal Beach Boulevard to I-605
The northbound I-405 freeway will be closed from Seal Beach Boulevard to the I-605 interchange nightly, Monday, April 23 through Friday, April 27 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. For additional information including recommended detours please refer to the Closure & Detour Notice for the week of April 22.
Construction activities on the access road along Old Ranch Parkway and the northbound I-405 freeway are ongoing. Please be advised that this work may be loud and disruptive to the neighboring community due to vibration, equipment noise, truck activity and back-up alarms.
Reconstruction of the Bixby Channel and Montecito Channel (adjacent to Martha Ann Drive / Copa de Oro Drive and the I-405 / I-605), is ongoing and is scheduled for completion later this month. Please note, this work will be done during the day and may be loud and disruptive to the neighboring community.
A dirt embankment is currently in settlement on Seal Beach Boulevard adjacent to the fire station. This earth is being settled for the future Seal Beach bridge widening.
Courtesy photo of a portion of the construction of the West Orange County Connector Project.
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of April 15 (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of April 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- Nighttime full closures of the southbound I-405 Freeway scheduled for Tuesday night, Feb. 21 (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of Mar. 18 (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project freeway closures for the week of Feb. 12 (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of Feb. 26 (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project freeway closures for the week of Feb. 05 (oc-breeze.com)