An Orange County Breeze reader alerted us to a recent incident in Cypress of a string of unlocked cars ransacked by opportunistic thieves.
Sure enough, this week’s Cypress police blotter provides some details:
SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES – 1:35 a.m. – 10200 block of Delano Dr. – Caller observes a male subject in front of his residence and when he went outside his car door was open. Caller is now advising that the subject was in his car. The caller cannot provide a description or destination of travel on the suspect. Two subjects jumped over the wall on the west side of Denni south of Myra. Running northbound in the backyard at the residence off of Denni, three houses south of Myra. Both subjects possibly 18 years old. Per the caller, the subjects definitely made entry into the vehicle and the interior is ransacked. The vehicle may have been unlocked. Starting search on the 10100 block of Beaver and going northbound from there. Contact with one in the rear yard on the 10100 block of Beaver. Both subjects in custody. Possible second victim vehicle unlocked and ransacked, no loss. Third victim vehicle on Mardel. Two subjects arrested for petty theft and possession of stolen property.
As with similar vehicle burglaries in nearby Rossmoor, Cypress homeowners should take care to lock their doors — cars, garages and houses!
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of a car parked on a driveway in Cypress.
- Cypress police blotter, January 13 to January 18 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, March 9 to March 15 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police botter, February 9 to February 16 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, April 6 to April 11 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, January 19 to January 25 (oc-breeze.com)
- Suspect arrested after a daring daytime residential burglary (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, February 27 to March 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, January 26 to February 1 (oc-breeze.com)
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle in Cypress (oc-breeze.com)