The following information was released by Rossmoor Homeowners Association (RHA). Emphasis added.
The Rossmoor Homeowners Association announced that the popular Rossmoor Dog Parade will be held at Rush Park May 6 at 2 p.m. with free registration from 12 noon to 2 p.m.
Rossmoor’s Ninth Annual Dog Parade will be held as part of Rossmoor’s Annual Community Festival on Sunday, May 6, featuring carnival rides, a pony ride, great food and drinks, crafts booth, an exciting classic car show, and great entertainment from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All Rossmoor dogs (neighboring cities’ dogs are welcome too) bring your humans and join the fun!
All you need to do is be on a leash, generally be on your good behavior and not bark at the judges if you don’t win.
This year we will be awarding prizes in eight categories: Best Looking Small Dogs (to 30 lbs), Best Looking Medium Dogs (31 to 60 lbs), Best Looking Large Dogs (61 lbs plus), Funniest Dog, Best Costume, Funniest Costume, Best Owner/Dog Look Alike and Best Trick.
All dogs will get a free “treat” bag for participating.
We sincerely want to thank our loyal sponsors: VCA/Rossmoor Animal Hospital, Tim and Lynnette O’Bryan, Dr. Steven Wasserman, Pet Sit Pros, the Rossmoor Homeowners Association and the Rossmoor Community Services District.
Looking forward to seeing all the dogs on Sunday, May 6.
Editor’s note: Orange County Breeze will man a booth at this year’s Rossmoor Community Festival. Stop by to catch us up on your news, and pick up an Orange County Breeze beach ball or flying disc!
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of a perky Peke.
- RHA calls for entries to its fourth annual fiction-writing contest (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA warns on Rossmoor curb-number painting scam (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA urges Rossmoor residents to attend public hearing on affordable housing rezoning of The Shops at Rossmoor (oc-breeze.com)
- Dash for We Care at Rossmoor Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA seeking candidates for board of directors (oc-breeze.com)