The following information was released by the Cypress School District.
The following letter was submitted by Trustee Donna Erickson regarding her retirement from the Cypress School District Board of Trustees:
After nearly 24 years of service, I will be resigning from my Cypress School District Board position due to retirement. My retirement date will be effective June 30, 2012.
I have lived in the community for 37 years and both of my children attended Cypress schools. I have loved serving on the Board of this great school district and representing the best interests of the community. I am grateful for having been given the opportunity to serve the students, parents, and staff of our schools.
My greatest passion as a member of the Board has without a doubt been the modernization of our schools due to the successful Measure M Bond and the development of a viable asset management plan for surplus properties. Serving on the Board of Trustees has enriched my life beyond my expectations. As professional educators, we have an impact on our students as well as future generations, and it has been an honor to have been a part of the rich history of the Cypress School District.
I encourage you all to continue to do the good work you are doing on behalf of our students and community.
Donna Erickson was elected to the Cypress School District Board of Trustees in 1988 and has been a highly respected Board member, who has made a wonderful contribution to our District for the past 24 years. We will miss her as both a colleague and a leader.
The Cypress School District Board of Trustees will begin the legal process required to fill the remainder of Mrs. Erickson’s term, which ends December 2012, at their May 10 meeting. Candidates must be over 18 years old, a Citizen of the United States, and live within the Cypress School District boundaries. The District will have additional information for potential candidates following the May 10, 2012 Board meeting.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of the headquarters building of Cypress School District.
- Donna Erickson retiring from Cypress School District Board (oc-breeze.com)
- Highlights from the April Cypress School District Board meeting (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District to offer transitional kindergarten for 2012/2013 school year (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District resource specialist and Board member receive recognition (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School Board receives report on mid-year state budget cuts (oc-breeze.com)
- Highlights from Cypress School Board meeting on March 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District Fall-term kindergarten registration starts Feb. 17 (oc-breeze.com)
- PTA sponsors family arts night at Cypress Boys and Girls Club (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School Superintendent describes progress on school modernization (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Council approves letter regarding disposal of former Cawthon School site (oc-breeze.com)