The following information was released by the City of Cypress. Emphasis added.
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) invites residents and commuters to attend a series of public hearings to learn about the San Diego Freeway (I-405) improvement project and provide comments on the draft environmental document.
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), in partnership with the OCTA, is in the environmental phase of improving the I-405 between the Corona Del Mar Freeway (SR-73) and the San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605).
The draft environmental impact statement/draft environmental impact report, which considers the effects associated with the project alternatives, is anticipated to be released on May 18 and available for public review and comment through July 2.
The document will be available for review on Caltrans’ website: www.dot.ca.gov/dist12/405/index.htm.
The following public hearings are scheduled from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will include a project presentation at 6:30 p.m.:
- Monday, June 4 at the Orange Coast College Student Center, 2701 Fairview Road in Costa Mesa
- Wednesday, June 6 at the Westminster Community Services Facility, 8200 Westminster Ave. in Westminster
- Thursday, June 7 at Rush Park Auditorium, 3021 Blume Drive in Rossmoor
- Thursday, June 14 at the Fountain Valley Senior Center, 17967 Bushard St. in Fountain Valley
Alternatives include adding one general purpose lane in each direction, adding two general purpose lanes in each direction, adding one general purpose lane and one toll lane in each direction that will be managed together with the existing carpool lane, or a no-build alternative.
The I-405 is one of the most congested freeways in the county, carrying more than 300,000 vehicle trips in some areas each day. Traffic volumes are expected to increase approximately 35 percent by 2040 and Caltrans and OCTA are proposing to widen the freeway to improve travel conditions for commuters.
Once the environmental document is released, comments may be submitted by mail to Smita Deshpande, Caltrans District 12 at 2201 Dupont Drive, Suite 200, Irvine CA, 92612 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.octa.net/405improvement, or by calling the OCTA at (714) 560-5713 or (714) 560-5697.
Logo of the I-405 Improvement Project courtesy of Orange County Transportation Authority.
- Upcoming West County Connectors construction activities and closures (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of April 15 (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of April 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Project nighttime closures for the week of Mar. 18 (oc-breeze.com)
- Northbound I-405 closed tonight and tomorrow night (oc-breeze.com)