The following information was released by The Youth Center in Los Alamitos.
Editor’s note: The American Legion Hall is located at 3252 Florista Ave., across Oak St. from The Youth Center in Los Alamitos.
Second Annual Comedy Night Fundraiser benefiting the Youth Center programs is scheduled for June 1 at 7 p.m. at the American Legion in Los Alamitos. Last year the Youth Center worked with Comedy Machine Company to bring this fun fundraiser to our community. “There was such an unbelievable energy level. It was wonderful to see everyone laugh and have a good time. I had nothing but rave reviews from people in attendance. Our first event was very successful and I am looking forward to our next comedy show”, said Lina Lumme, Executive Director of the Youth Center.
Comedy Machine Company has been providing some great entertainment to a wide assortment of groups and organizations. Their shows have been a fun entertainment attraction for many organizations across the country. Andy Kern’s Comedy Machine Company put on a clean, clever, hilarious comedy show which can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s very entertaining and inoffensive. They use a team of very diverse comedians who provide fun filled entertainment. Most of their comedians have had cable specials, or have appeared on network television.
“I had a chance to personally meet all of the comics. They were not only gracious but very down to earth. I really enjoyed meeting them on a personal level. All comedians stayed after their performances and talked with numerous people. This was a memorable evening for everyone who came to the event.” said Katrina Cherney, the Youth Center Office Manager.
The cost for the show is $15.00 per person and is for ages 18 and up. For tickets or more information, call the Youth Center at 562-493-4043 or visit www.TheYouthCenter.org
The Youth Center is a private, non-profit agency serving the children and families of Los Alamitos, Rossmoor, Seal Beach and surrounding communities for over 60 years. The Mission of the Youth Center is to transform lives one child at a time through collaborative social, educational and recreational programs. Programs are funded entirely by contributions and modest activity fees. The Youth Center does not receive local, state or federal funding.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of The Youth Center in Los Alamitos.
- Garage sale to raise funds for Los Alamitos Youth Center seeking donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Senior Club to host bingo fundraiser (oc-breeze.com)
- Casa Youth Shelter commended by City of Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)
- Casa Youth Shelter to receive commendation from City of Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)
- James and Shirley Bailey of Rossmoor honored as Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Citizens of the Year at 2012 Americana Awards (oc-breeze.com)
- Knock-down on Green Avenue in Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos leaders recognized as VIPS at JFTB deployment ceremony (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Chamber thanks Seal Beach Battalion Naval Sea Cadets (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Museum hosts lunch for Public Works (oc-breeze.com)
- RLA RWF to hold luncheon to raise scholarship funds (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS Principal resigning, heading to Tustin (oc-breeze.com)