The following informaiton was released by the Orange County District Attorney.
CORRECTION: Please note Oh will be arraigned on the charges at a later date to be determined.
A Buena Park City Council Member has been charged with repeatedly committing perjury on California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) documents to avoid paying child support to his ex-wife. Sangjin Miller Oh, 48, is charged with six felony counts of perjury by declaration and faces a maximum sentence of six years and four months in state prison if convicted. The People will be requesting Oh be taken into custody on $25,000 bail at his arraignment at a date to be determined.
Between Sept. 23, 2004, and July 20, 2009, Oh is accused of committing perjury on six occasions by signing official DMV documents using fraudulent information. The defendant is accused of committing this crime with the intention of avoiding child support payments to his ex-wife by hiding his assets under his false name.
On one occasion, Oh is accused of applying for a driver’s license under the name Robert Oh and fraudulently failing to disclose that he had previously applied for a license under a different name, as required by law. On another occasion, Oh is accused of fraudulently failing to disclose that his license had previously been suspended. On four other occasions, Oh is accused of using his fraudulently obtained license to register vehicles.
This case was investigated by the DMV, Orange County District Attorney’s Office, and Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General.
Senior Deputy District Attorney John Christl of the Special Prosecutions Unit is prosecuting this case.
Logo of the Orange County Districty Attorney.
- Buena Park gang member charged with attempted murder (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park Police to conduct DUI/driver’s licence checkpoint (oc-breeze.com)
- Man charged with attempted murders in hostage-taking standoff with police at a Buena Park bank (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park Police to conduct checkpoint on April 6 (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park Noon Lions Club donates gas cards to JFTB’s Operation We Care (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park to enforce ‘zero tolerance’ for cell phone use while driving (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park Police awarded grant funding DUI checkpoints (oc-breeze.com)
- Buena Park Police SWAT rescue hostage, shoot bank robbery suspect (oc-breeze.com)