The vote counts and percentages were released by the Orange County Registrar of Voters.
UPDATE: Readers should note that Dean Grose is currently a member of the Republican Central Committee and retains his seat through the end of this year. That he came in eighth means that he will not continue on the Committee. We regret any misunderstanding.
Republicans voted for members of their Party’s Central Committee in each Assembly District. The top six are seated. In the 72nd Assembly District, Mr. Grose came in eighth. Janet Nguyen and Steve A. Nagel were at the top of the voting heap.
Interesting to me is that Matthew Harper came in fourth. Mr. Harper had earlier this year declared for the Assembly district where Troy Edgar won the primary yesterday.
Here is the full list, with vote counts and percentages:
- Janet Nguyen 13,823 12.6%
- Steve A. Nagel 13,018 11.9%
- Kermit Marsh 11,057 10.1%
- Matthew Harper 10,849 9.9%
- Mark McCurdy 10,499 9.6%
- Michael E. Gates 10,068 9.2%
- John W. Briscoe 7,111 6.5%
- Dean Grose 6,386 5.8%
- Diane A. Lenning 6,290 5.7%
- Dennis R. Catron 5,300 4.8%
- Mary Tuong Van Pham 5,120 4.7%
- Brian Hoops 4,173 3.8%
- Patricia Ross 4,155 3.8%
- Patrick Dooley 1,876 1.7%
Official seal of Orange County, CA.
- OC Pro-Family Candidate Campaign endorses Dean Grose (oc-breeze.com)
- Former Los Alamitos Mayor Dean Grose announces candidacy for Republican Central Committee (oc-breeze.com)
- Republican Women to hold candidate forum (oc-breeze.com)