The following information was released by the National Republican Congressional Committee. We are publishing it as another piece of evidence that national attention is being paid to California. Despite its status as a dependably deep-blue state, individual Congressional contests may contribute to denying Democrats control of Congress after the November election.
The National Republican Congressional Committee today announced that Gary DeLong has reached ‘Young Gun’ status, the top tier of the Committee’s four-level ‘Young Gun’ recruitment program. Founded during the 2007-2008 election cycle by Reps. Eric Cantor (R-VA), Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Paul Ryan (R-WI), the ‘Young Guns’ program is a Member-driven effort that is the primary method for recruiting strong candidates for both open-seat and challenger races. DeLong is running for California’s 47th Congressional District.
“Gary DeLong has met a series of rigorous goals that will put him in position to win on Election Day,” said NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions (R-TX). “The momentum behind his campaign is proof-positive that Californians are fed up with President Obama’s policies that spend too much, tax too much and borrow too much at the expense of hard-working families. Gary DeLong is leading the pack as Republicans continue to send a loud and clear message that we will hold Democrats accountable for their unpopular partisan agenda.”
The ‘Young Guns’ program encourages candidates who have proven their ability to meet crucial campaign benchmarks to develop their campaigns further in order to achieve victory on Election Day. In achieving ‘Young Gun’ status, Gary DeLong has met organizational and fundraising benchmarks and has established himself as a strong contender. DeLong has reached the fourth and final step by establishing a clear path to victory through his ability to build a formidable campaign structure and achieve important goals and benchmarks.
On the Long Beach City Council, Gary DeLong serves as chairman of the Budget Oversight Committee leading the way in maintaining a balanced budget each year. When the recession hit, DeLong found ways to reduce government spending and eliminate waste, while ensuring public safety and infrastructure investments. He has been a leader in the Transportation/Goods Movement industry, ensuring the area is prepared to meet future needs in order to remain competitive, grow our economy and create jobs.
Courtesy photo of Gary DeLong.
- Gary DeLong leapfrogs Alan Lowenthal in the 47th Congressional District tally (oc-breeze.com)
- Meet-and-greet for Congressional candidate Gary DeLong in Rossmoor (oc-breeze.com)
- Lowenthal coasts to top spot in new 47th Congressional District (oc-breeze.com)
- Nation watching today’s California primary (oc-breeze.com)
- Congressional Candidate Gary DeLong visits 100 businesses in 100 Days (oc-breeze.com)
- Congressional candidate Gary DeLong asks whether higher taxes are necessary (oc-breeze.com)
- Congressional candidate DeLong gathers support in Lakewood (oc-breeze.com)
- Congressional candidate DeLong rounds up endorsements in Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)