The following information was released by the Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Republican Women Federated.
At their annual Friendship and Flowers Scholarship Luncheon, the Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Republican Women Federated announced that the recipients of their 2012 Scholarships are Alyssa Lilley and Zachariah Goulthiane of Los Alamitos High School.
The luncheon honors the scholarship winners and also the student that represented our community at the Republican Advocacy Day in Sacramento.
That student representative, Justine Cocchi of Los Alamitos High School, spoke about her experience in the State Capital. According to Cocchi it was a very educational experience in how our state government operates and the challenges that the legislatures currently have. She was able to meet with Republican legislators to learn of their ideas to correct the state’s deficit.
The two scholarship recipients read the essays that accompanied their scholarship applications. The assigned title of the essay was “What the Constitution means to me.” Both essays were thought-provoking, personal and impressive.
The Ladies of The West presented a Victorian and Edwardian look at what our gallant Californian women wore while moving west and then settling down in the Golden State. The Ladies also added great commentary about the customs, manners and life of our early California women.
Door prizes and gift packages raffled during the luncheon ensured that next year scholarships would be awarded again.
For more information about the Rossmoor-Los Alamitos Republican Women Federated and how you can help sustain the scholarship and Advocacy programs or to become a member, call Wendy Grose at 562-493-2080 or join us on Facebook at RossmoorLosAlamitosRepWomen.
Left to right: Rossmoor-Los Alamitos Republican Women Federated Scholarship and Advocacy Recipients Zachariah Goulhiane, Justine Cocchi and Alyssa Lilley of graduating class of 2012 Los Alamitos High School.
- Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Republican Women kick up their heels (oc-breeze.com)
- Justine Cocchi Picked for Advocacy Day in Sacramento (oc-breeze.com)
- RLA RWF to hold luncheon to raise scholarship funds (oc-breeze.com)
- Rossmoor-Los Alamitos Republican Women Federated celebrate fifty years (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA announces scholarship winners (oc-breeze.com)
- Three Lady Griffins named US Lacrosse All-Americans (oc-breeze.com)
- Oxford Academy recognized by Cypress Council for ranking “best in the state” (oc-breeze.com)
- Orange County RWF recognizes Christine Barnes as Worker of the Month (oc-breeze.com)
- Auditions for LAHS show choirs slated for June 4 and 5 (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD schools host visitors as ‘principal for a day’ (oc-breeze.com)