The following information was released by Cypress Police Department.
On Thursday, June 14, at approx. 4:23 p.m., officers from the Cypress Police Department responded to the T-Mobile Store at 6952 Katella Avenue, regarding four male suspects cutting the security wires on several display phones.
Upon arrival, one officer observed the suspects leaving the store and entering a silver 4-door Chrysler 300. The officer followed the vehicle out of the parking lot and onto Knott Avenue. The suspect vehicle eventually drove into a residential neighborhood where, during an attempted traffic stop, all four suspects exited the vehicle and fled, on foot, into the surrounding residential neighborhood.
A perimeter was promptly established with the aid of multiple police agencies and a police helicopter.
Two of the suspects were located in a rear yard/garage by officers conducting a search of the area.
A third suspect was located in a nearby park after residents called to report a suspicious subject in the area.
The fourth suspect was located by a police canine and subsequently taken into custody. He was treated at a local hospital for a dog bite.
These same suspects and the vehicle used were believed to have committed a similar burglary in Fullerton, earlier in the day.
During the course of the investigation, it was learned that an alert T-Mobile employee recognized the suspects from similar crimes at other T-Mobile locations and notified police of the crime in progress. It was also determined that some of the stolen property from T-Mobile (both the Cypress and Fullerton stores) was located inside the suspects’ vehicle. A total amount of loss has not yet been determined.
All four suspects were booked at the Cypress City Jail for PC 459 – Commercial Burglary, PC 182(a) – Conspiracy to Commit Commercial Burglary, PC 496(a) – Possession of Stolen Property, and PC 148(a)1 – Resisting / Evading Police. Their bail is set at $20,000 each. Two of the subjects were found to have outstanding arrest warrants for previously committed crimes. All four suspects have since been transported to Orange County Jail to await arraignment.
Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating other similar crimes and are asked to contact the Cypress Police Department’s Investigations Bureau with any information at 714-229-6631.
A composite of booking photos of the four arrested suspects:
- Nelson, Michael Irvin (02-16-84) of San Bernardino
- Blocker, DeAnthony Lamar (05-12-86) of Redlands
- Smith, Ephraim Leon (05-17-90) of San Bernadino
- Parker, Darion Syer (11-03-87) of Moreno Valley
Photos courtesy of Cypress Police Department.
- Suspect arrested for videotaping a victim in a bathroom stall at Cypress College (oc-breeze.com)
- Suspect arrested after a daring daytime residential burglary (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, May 31 to June 6 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, April 26 to May 2 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cars ransacked in Cypress (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Police Department named “Community Policing Organization of the Year” (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, March 9 to March 15 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, April 20 to April 25 (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress police blotter, May 18 to May 23 (oc-breeze.com)