The following information was released by the Cypress School District.
On June 30, 2012, long-time Board member Donna Erickson will retire, creating a vacancy on the Board of Trustees of the Cypress School District. Interviews were held at a special Board meeting on June 15, at which time the Board interviewed three applicants for the appointment. Mrs. Candice Kern was unanimously selected to fill the vacancy.
Mrs. Kern is a long-time resident of the City of Cypress, and lives in the Vessels Elementary School attendance area. She is very active in PTA at the school, District, and county levels, and is a former educator who knows how crucial the role of our public schools is for our communities and the students they serve. Mrs. Kern will serve out the remainder of Mrs. Erickson’s term until November 2012, at which time she will have to run for re-election.
Mrs. Kern will be sworn into office and officially seated at the July 11, 2012 Board meeting. She wrote that she is grateful for this opportunity and will serve the District proudly and passionately.
Board meetings are generally held the second Thursday of each month in the District Board room at 9470 Moody Street, Cypress. Agendas and minutes can be found posted on the District website at www.cypsd.k12.ca.us.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of Cypress School District headquarters.
- Cypress School District seeks applicants for board vacancy (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District salutes this year’s retirees (oc-breeze.com)
- Highlights from the May Cypress School District Board meeting (oc-breeze.com)
- Donna Erickson announces retirement from Cypress School District Board (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress School District names Georgianne Hall as District Teach of the Year (oc-breeze.com)
- Landell Carnival today (oc-breeze.com)
- Donna Erickson retiring from Cypress School District Board (oc-breeze.com)
- Highlights from the April Cypress School District Board meeting (oc-breeze.com)