The following is the text of a resolution approved by the Board of Education of Los Alamitos Unified School District at a regular meeting on May 22, 2012.
A Resolution by the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education Honoring Gretchen Shegina.
Whereas, Gretchen Shegina, after thirty-six years of dedicated service in the public schools in the State of California, will be retiring on June 16, 2012; and
Whereas, she has served the students of Pine Middle School, Jefferson Elementary and Rossmoor Elementary in the Los Alamitos Unified School District; and
Whereas, in the course of her career, she has served faithfully as a Classroom Teacher; and
Whereas, the loss of her services will be deeply felt by the Board of Education, the employees of the school district, and the communities of Rossmoor, Seal Beach, Cypress, and Los Alamitos, but most importatnly by the students with whom she has worked;
Now, Tehrefore, Be It Resolved, by theBoard of Education of the Los Alamitos Unified School District that Gretchen Shegina be made known of, and publicly commended for her dedication and service to the education of the youth in the Los Alamitos Unified School District.
Adopted this 22nd day of May, 2012.
Megan Cutuli, President
Dave Boyer, Clerk
Jeffrey Barke, MD., Member
Diana D. Hill, Member
Karen Russell, Member
Sherry Kropp, Ed.D., Superintendent
Kay Tanseco, Student Representative
- Los Alamitos School Board accepts $166,889 in donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Joshua Arnold introduced as new LAHS principal (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD Weaver Elementary School principal honored as national distinguished principal (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos School Board approves acceptance of donations (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS Principal resigning, heading to Tustin (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD schools host visitors as ‘principal for a day’ (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS teacher chosen for Harvard summer program (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS names Jeff Actkinson its 2012 Hero of the Heart (oc-breeze.com)