The following information was released by the Cypress Community Festival Committee.
Update from the Festival Committee: this group will not be appearing at the Festival after all.
The children’s stage at the Cypress Festival is the place you ought to be at 10:30 a.m. to watch the spritely dancers of Karter’s Country Kickers match their moves to lively country songs to amp up the fun and get the audience clapping along.
Keeping all the toes tapping is Janet Karter, Director of Karter’s Country Kickers and a long-time instructor for Cypress Recreation and Community Services. Karter teaches country line-dancing and partner dancing at all levels not just in Cypress but also La Palma and Lakewood.
Karter’s dance troupe will be part of the 32nd annual Cypress Festival, the largest single-day community festival in Orange County. Held at Oak Knoll Park in Cypress, the day’s events start early with a City-sponsored 5k/10k run/walk that starts and ends just west of the park. The Kiwanis wield spatulas to serve a five-dollar pancake breakfast inside the Cypress Community Center on the grounds of the park. Winners of a kid’s coloring contest will be announced during the Festival. Chili and salsa cooks will sweat over hot stoves to prove who has The Bestest Hottest Stuff. Proud car owners will show off classics, muscles, and roadsters. More booths that you can shake a stick at will allow vendors of all sizes and non-profits of all stripes to meet and greet Festival visitors.
The Festival grounds open at 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 28.
Oak Knoll Park is located at 5700 Orange Ave. (west of Valley View St.) in Cypress. For more information, visit www.cypressfestival.com.
- Oral Artist Preshenda Hooked by Storytelling (oc-breeze.com)
- Brewer Boys slated for Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Hot shazzam! Cypress Festival preview video! (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Chamber announces exhibitor booths still available for Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- West Anaheim Medical Center leaps at Cypress Festival sponsor opportunity (oc-breeze.com)
- United Healthcare sparkles as platinum sponsor for Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Go Country 105 FM Evening DeeJay Ginny Harman to announce live from Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Maderas measures up as contributing sponsor for Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- The Marketing Maven: Marketing at festivals, part 1 of 3 (oc-breeze.com)