The following information was released by the Seal Beach Police Department.
On Monday afternoon, July 2, 2012 at 4:40 p.m., the Seal Beach Police Department received a call of a domestic dispute in the area of 12th and Pacific Coast Highway in Seal Beach. Units arrived on scene and contacted the female involved. She stated her husband had dropped her off at the location and left the area. Officers observed the husband shortly thereafter, identified as Husamiddin Mubashshir – DOB 10/24/80, drive past the location in his vehicle.
Seal Beach officers attempted to conduct an enforcement stop but the driver fled from the officers driving to his residence in the 1800 block of Anchor Way in Seal Beach. Mubashshir drove to his home, exited his vehicle and locked himself inside the residence.
Seal Beach Police Department, with assistance from the Los Alamitos Police Department, Cypress Police Department, US Navy Police and US Naval Weapons Station Military Police, contained the area. Crisis Negotiation Team (CNT) members attempted to convince the subject to surrender voluntarily. After approximately 2 hours of unsuccessful negotiations, officers made entry in the home.
Mubashshir fled from the home from the rear sliding door but was quickly apprehended by officers. Two officers sustained minor injuries while taking Mubashshir into custody. Mubashshir was arrested for 148 PC (Resisting Arrest) as well as 243 (b) PC (Assault on a police officer).
Mubashshir was later transported to Orange County Jail.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of a Seal Beach Police Department vehicle.
- Beach Fitness-Crossfit Seal Beach chosen as State Senator Harman’s small business of the year (oc-breeze.com)
- Wheelchair-bound 86-year-old dies after being struck by car in Leisure World (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station to change commanders tomorrow morning (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach City Jail detention center officer convicted of bribery (oc-breeze.com)
- Attempted murder in College Park East (oc-breeze.com)
- CapitalSource Bank to open new retail office in Seal Beach (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Police to accept turned-in prescription drugs (oc-breeze.com)
- Memorial Day at Eisenhower Park in Old Town Seal Beach (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach asks residents to comment on proposals to widen I-405 (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach man allegedly attacked relative with samurai sword (abclocal.go.com)