Nine Army Reserve Soldiers will be honored for their decades of selfless service during a Retirement Ceremony at Robinson Hall (Building. 4), Joint Forces Training Base Los Alamitos, 9 a.m. Saturday, July 7, 2012.
The honored Retirees include:
- Colonel William H. Hensell
- Major Kenneth Egans
- Chief Warrant 5 Scott M. Jackson
- Chief Warrant 4 Delia M. Kramer
- Chief Warrant 3 Eric J. Curry
- Command Sergeant Major Harold J. Bodenschatz
- Command Sergeant Major Gene E. Lund
- Master Sergeant Daniel Estrella
- Master Sergeant Douglas D. Kean
The ceremony will be hosted by Maj. Gen. William D. Frink, Jr. Attendees will include more than 100 Soldiers of the 79th SSC, active and retired general officers, as well as local and state representatives which have been invited to attend this momentous occasion.
The 79th SSC is a two-star Army Reserve command with units throughout Southern California and the western United States. Headquartered at the JFTB, Los Alamitos, the 79th SSC provides trained, ready, cohesive, well-led sustainment forces for World-Wide Deployment. The 79th SSC currently has troops conducting logistical support operations in Afghanistan, Kuwait and other locations around the world.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel taken in January 2012 at an earlier retirement ceremony for members of the 79th SSC.
- California National Guard to award bronze stars at JFTB tomorrow (oc-breeze.com)
- JFTB to host 25th annual Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular (oc-breeze.com)