The construction manager from Rachlin Architects overseeing modernization of Hopkinson Elementary School updated members of the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education on the progress on that project.
Progress may be summarized as on time, on budget, expected to be ready for the new school year.
Phase 5 activity summary
- Site utility tie-in complete
- Rough electrical, plubing, and HVAC complete
- Interior wall framing complete
- New concrete installation 70% complete
- Roofing repairs 75% complete
- New door and window framing 90% complete
- Demolition and abatement 90% complete
- Site utility tie-in 75% complete
- HVAC duct routing 60% complete
- Interior painting 20% complete
Ondrea Reed appointed Hopkinson principal
In other Hopkinson news, Ondrea Reed has been appointed as the new principal of Hopkinson.
Here is what the District has to say about her:
Mrs. Reed has worked in education for over 11 years and has been with the Los Alamitos Unified School District for the past five years. She taught elementary school in the ABC Unified School District before coming to Los Al in 2007.
Mrs. Reed has served the district as the Arts Advantage Coordinator, District Program & Assessment Specialist, and the Assistant Principal of McGaugh Elementary School.
In addition, Mrs. Reed was the Executive Director of the Los Alamitos Education Foundation (LAEF) and began LAEF’s Summer Enrichment Institute and after-school programs.
Mrs. Reed received her Bachelor of Arts from San Diego State University and her Master of Arts Degree in Curriculum & Instruction from California State University, Long Beach.
“The students, teachers and parents in Los Alamitos Unified are what make it possible to ignite unlimited possibilities within our schools, and I look forward to working collaboratively with the Hopkinson community to meet and exceed the needs of all students,” said Ondrea Reed.
Superintendent Dr. Sherry Kropp said, “Ondrea’s experience and expertise are a perfect match for this position, and the Board of Education and I are confident that her contributions will enhance the District’s culture of excellence and commitment to serve all members of the school community.”
Mrs. Reed assumed her new role effective July 1, 2012.
Courtesy photo of Ondrea Reed.
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board approves acceptance of July donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos School Board accepts $166,889 in donations (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD schools host visitors as ‘principal for a day’ (oc-breeze.com)
- 193 students honored in Los Alamitos Unified School District for biliteracy skills (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD Weaver Elementary School principal honored as national distinguished principal (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education commends Gretchen Shegina (oc-breeze.com)
- LAHS Principal resigning, heading to Tustin (oc-breeze.com)
- Joshua Arnold introduced as new LAHS principal (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos School Board approves acceptance of donations (oc-breeze.com)