Hot off the presses from the headuarters of the California Army National Guard, issued and signed by BGEN Donald J. Currier, commanding:
I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce the assignment of Brigadier General Keith Jones as the Commander, 40th Infantry Division in accordance with AR 600-20, Chapter 2, paragraph 2-5. He officially assumes duties of the Commander, 40th Infantry Division on 16 September 2012.
Brigadier General Jones is enthusiastic about this new challenge and wholeheartedly accepts the increased responsibility as the Commander, 40th Infantry Division. His experience and skills, developed as the Garrison Commander at Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB) Los Alamitos, Senior Post Commander of Camp Roberts and the Assistant Division Commander, 40th Infantry Division, make him the ideal Officer for this assignment. He will continue to serve as the full time Senior Post Commander for Camp Roberts.
I want to thank Major General Scott Johnson and I am extremely grateful to him for his sacrifices and substantial contributions to the 40th Infantry Division and Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB) Los Alamitos. Under his leadership, the 40th Infantry Division and Joint Forces Traing Base (JFTB) have successfully assisted in developing the California Army National Guard into the war fighting multiplier and Army Standard Installation that it is today. I want to wish Major General Scott Johnson the best in his future endeavors and thank him for his selfless service to our state and our nation.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of BGEN Keith Jones prior to his transfer to Camp Roberts.
- Tojo’s Eagle tamed by the 40th Infantry Division (oc-breeze.com)
- California National Guard to award bronze stars at JFTB tomorrow (oc-breeze.com)
- JFTB’s 79th Sustainment Support Command to hold retirement ceremony for nine Army Reserve soldiers (oc-breeze.com)
- JFTB to host 25th annual Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular (oc-breeze.com)
- Two gates open at 4 p.m. at JFTB for fireworks show (oc-breeze.com)