The following information was released by Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA).
The southbound I-605 to southbound I-45 connector will be closed for approximately two weeks starting on Monday, July 30, at 10 p.m.
Crews must reconstruct this connector to accommodate the new I-405 / I-605 HOV connector and additional lanes on the I-405 freeway.
Although this closure was originally scheduled for late 2012, the project team is accelerating work to begin this activity prior to the start of the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge reconstruction.
Courtesy graphic showing the area affected by the two-week closure.
- West Orange County Connectors Project closures for week of July 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project nighttime closures July 5 to 7 (oc-breeze.com)
- Nightly closures in area of West Orange County Connectors project (oc-breeze.com)
- Upcoming West County Connectors construction activities and closures (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connector Project closures for week of 13 May 2012 (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD opposes proposed narrowing of Almond Avenue for I-405 expansion (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA comments on proposed I-405 freeway expansion (oc-breeze.com)
- Public invited to learn about and comment on I-405 improvement project (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach asks residents to comment on proposals to widen I-405 (oc-breeze.com)
- Freeway construction to affect drivers in Long Beach, San Fernando Valley (abclocal.go.com)