The following information was released by Rossmoor Community Services District.
It was announced with sadness that the District’s Tree Consultant, Randy Reynolds had passed on Monday, July 16, 2012. Randy began his work with the District in December of 2008. He previously enjoyed a long career in hardscape and parkway tree maintenance with the cities of Lakewood and Cerritos. As a manager of our urban forest, Randy distinguished himself as a caring and conscientious professional in the planting, trimming and removal of parkway trees in Rossmoor.
Randy was able to carry out a complete update of the communities inventory of trees, classifying their species and state of health. He also created a program to give residents a greater choice in the type of tree in their parkway while reinstating the objective of a more uniform array of trees by street and by block.
His most outstanding achievement was obtaining a designation of Tree City USA for Rossmoor. He also prided himself on “making a friend” in his contacts with residents who had tree issues. His smile and demeanor will be missed by the Board and staff. Said Board President, Alfred Coletta, “I am so saddened, he was such a gentleman and a good man.”
At an appropriate time, West Coast Arborist will donate and plant a tree in Rush Park in Randy’s memory. Randy is survived by his wife Judy, son Jason, daughter Kelly and extended family and friends.
Courtesy photo of Randy Reynolds.
- RCSD announces three open seats for November general election (oc-breeze.com)
- RCSD announces line-up for Shakespeare in the Park (oc-breeze.com)
- RCSD announces line-up for Movies in the Park (oc-breeze.com)
- RCSD announces line-up for Summer Concerts in the Park (oc-breeze.com)
- Run Seal Beach awards $1500 grant to Rossmoor summer day camp (oc-breeze.com)
- RCSD looking to hire new general manager (oc-breeze.com)
- RCSD receives response from state attorney general on services and annexation (oc-breeze.com)