Nominations for 2013 Americana Citizens of the Year are due at the Cypress College Foundation by Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2012.
On Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013. Cypress College will hold its 38th annual Americana Awards, sponsored by Union Bank. In addition to honoring a Man or Woman of the Year, the College will pay tribute to a deserving individual or couple from each of the following cities: Anaheim, Buena Park, Cypress, Garden Grove, La Palma, Los Alamitos/Rossmoor, Seal Beach, and Stanton.
Please consider nominating an individual or a couple for this prestigious award.
Criteria for Nomination
- Is well-known and highly regarded in the community;
- Has remained active in the community within the past five years;
- Has made significant contributions of service to their community;
- Lives or works in the city in which he/she is nominated;
- Is available to attend the Americana Awards on February 23, 2013 and the Americana Kickoff on November 14, 2012;
- Is not holding or running for office as an elected official;
- Nominees remain active for consideration by committee for three years;
- Honorees are selected by the Committee for the current year only.
Selection Process – City Committees submit a nominee to the Americana Committee for ratification.
For further information contact Raul Alvarez at the Cypress College Foundation: 714-484-7126.
- Cypress College geology professor honored as Orange County Teacher of the Year (oc-breeze.com)
- Simpson selected as 11th president of Cypress College (oc-breeze.com)
- Student Trustee Caspellan is 2012′s Outstanding Cypress College Graduate of the Year (oc-breeze.com)
- Fall, Summer Cypress College schedules online; due in print in this week (oc-breeze.com)
- Dr. Sheridan Ball to lead final concert of Cypress Masterworks Chorale (oc-breeze.com)
- Dr. Kasler is Man of the Year for Cypress Chamber of Commerce (oc-breeze.com)