The following information was released by the Seal Beach Police Department.
On Monday, July 23, 2012, a approximately 8:14 p.m., the Seal Beach Police Department received numerous 911 calls regarding a vehicle that had driven into a bus bench inside of a bus shelter on Seal Beach Blvd. just north of Pacific Coast Highway. Officers were on scene within two minutes and observed a male victim trapped in the debris of the bus shelter.
Members of the Orange County Fire Authority arrived on scene shortly thereafter and treated the victim for numerous injuries. The victim is a male approximately 55 years of age. He was transported to a local trauma center where his condition is critical. His identity is not being released pending family notification.
The driver of the vehicle is cooperating with the police investigation and was later released. There is no indication that alcohol or drugs were involved.
The Seal Beach Police Department is requesting the community’s assistance with this incident. Please call Traffic Investigator Brad Davis at 562-799-4100, ext. 1612 if you have any additional information or witnessed the collusion.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of a Seal Beach Police Department vehicle.
- Seal Beach Police arrest barricaded domestic disturbance suspect (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach welcomes new interim Chief of Police (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach woman to be arraigned for drunken crash that killed pedestrian inside Leisure World (oc-breeze.com)
- Beach Fitness-Crossfit Seal Beach chosen as State Senator Harman’s small business of the year (oc-breeze.com)
- Wheelchair-bound 86-year-old dies after being struck by car in Leisure World (oc-breeze.com)
- Run Seal Beach awards $1500 grant to Rossmoor summer day camp (oc-breeze.com)
- BeachFit Moms Focus on Health (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project nighttime closures July 5 to 7 (oc-breeze.com)
- CapitalSource Bank to open new retail office in Seal Beach (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station to change commanders tomorrow morning (oc-breeze.com)