The following information was released by the City of Cypress.
The Cypress Public Works Department will begin construction of the Valley View Street/Ball Road Storm Drain Project, CIP Project No. 79, in August 2012. The project will install new storm drains to provide the area and surrounding neighborhoods with additional flood protection. In addition, sewer repairs will be performed at the intersection of Valley View Street and Orange Avenue to provide additional capacity.
As part of the project, unavoidable traffic impacts are expected from August to September 2012. During this time, southbound Valley View Street is expected to have one lane open in each direction between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Traffic impacts are also expected in the intersections of Valley View at Ball Road and Valley View at Orange Avenue. Motorists should anticipate heavy traffic delays and are highly encouraged to take alternate routes.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of earlier road construction on Moody St. in Cypress.
- Family-Friendly Cypress Festival features Kid’s Fun Zone (oc-breeze.com)
- Altar Billies slotted to rock socks Off at Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Face-painting clowns and roaming stilt walker to multiply the fun at Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Soroptimists to hold pasta drive at Cypress Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Church opens early-bird registration for vacation Bible school (oc-breeze.com)
- Latest map of Cypress Community Festival Grounds now available (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Church brings help to a hurting world (oc-breeze.com)
- Climb aboard Peter Brandon’s song-filled heartfelt ride at the Cypress Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Senior Center to present program on hoarding (oc-breeze.com)