The following information was provided by RHA Neighborhood Watch Committee.
Because the Orange County Sheriff’s Department receives many inquiries regarding door-to-door solicitors throughout Rossmoor, the OCSD has provided the RHA with the following information.
On Saturday, July 28th, a non-profit organization called “Teen Challenge” will be soliciting in Rossmoor from 1200-1800 hours. There will be eleven members soliciting and one van driver. These members will have badges with their names and affiliation on them.
Non-Profit Organizations do not require a permit or license for solicitation in unincorporated areas, and the County does not verify whether or not the organization is actually non-profit. It is the responsibility of the organization to supply the public with proof of non-profit status.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of Rossmoor’s iconic red brick wall and script R.
- Rossmoor Homeowners Association Recycling Drive (oc-breeze.com)
- OCSD to hold meeting to inform public about recent rash of burglaries (oc-breeze.com)
- Run Seal Beach awards $1500 grant to Rossmoor summer day camp (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA comments on proposed I-405 freeway expansion (oc-breeze.com)
- RHA reports on OCSD crime seminar (oc-breeze.com)