The entire staff of Orange County Breeze will shortly head out to the Cypress Community Festival Grounds., 5700 Orange Ave. (west of Valley View St.) in Cypress.
Yesterday evening, we set up our stuff at booth 901, right next to the entrance to the car show and chili/salsa cook-off.
This morning, we’ll be attending the Cypress 5k/10k Run/Walk before the official opening of the Festival.
Check in and register for the race at the Cypress Civic Center beginning at 6 a.m. The race itself starts at 7:30 a.m.
The Kiwanis, meanwhile, will be serving pancake breakfast for five dollars on the patio of the Festival Grounds (Cypress Community Center) beginning at 7 a.m.
After a brief opening ceremony around 8:55 a.m., the Festival Grounds will officially open at 9 a.m.
Orange County Breeze checked with members of the Cypress Community Festival Committee in charge of each of the areas on the Festival Grounds.
- Ed Munson at the Cypress Chamber of Commerce told us that the food booths and for-profit vendor booths are sold out! That does not mean the vendors have nothing left to sell. It means Ed ran out of booths and had to turn applicants away!
- Wanda Slade says that she has had to do some fancy re-arranging to squeeze in the record number of arts & crafts, information and non-profit booths — and people were still asking for space as late as the night before the opening of the Festival!
- Brian Sunley reports that there are more chili and salsa cooks than ever!
Buy your official judging packet that includes a Taster’s Choice Ballot in the chili & salsa cook-off area beginning at noon. They sell fast!
- Brian also reports that the car show is bigger than ever! And he expects more cars to show up this morning!
Bring a bag or box of pasta with you to give to the Cypress Soroptimists, who are collecting for Caterina’s Club to feed homeless children.
The main stage will host Miss Ginger’s Dancers, Touch of Polynesia, Go Country 105 DJ Ginny Harman, Sabrina Lentini, Chris Anderson Group, Line Dance Lessons with Babette Schutt, Peter Brandon and the Brewer Boys.
Car show awards will be handed out at the stage in the chili and salsa area around 3 p.m.
Awards for the chili and salsa competition will be given out at that area’s stage around 4 p.m.
Drop by Go Country’s booth to tell them thank you for again sponsoring the Cypress Community Festival.
The entire staff of Orange County Breeze — plus one of our columnists, Robin Itzler — will be on hand to give away beach balls and frisbees. Stop by booth 901 — we’re never to busy to catch up on news!
The Festival Grounds will officially close at 5 p.m.
File photo by C.E.H. Wiedel of Cypress Soroptimists at an earlier Cypress Community Festival.
- Latest map of Cypress Community Festival Grounds now available (oc-breeze.com)