Rob Johnson has pulled papers to run for Cypress City Council.
He came up with a fun way to promote his candidacy — wearing a sandwich board while running the Cypress 5k prior to the opening of the Cypress Community Festival.
Despite the flapping signs, Rob ran a good race. He placed 224th overall, and fifteenth in his division.
Rob works for Crystal Geyser Water Company and is currently serving as Vice Chairman for Membership Development in the Cypress Chamber of Commerce.
Others known to have pulled papers to run for Cypress Council are Mariellen Yarc, current president of the Cypress Chamber; and Jay Sondhi, an attorney and consultant.
Mariellen Yarc had her own booth at today’s Cypress Community Festival. Buttons show support for her were spotted all over Festival Grounds as Festival Day wore on.
Rob Johnson and his campaign-promoting signboards at the intersection of Grindlay St. and Orange Ave., just west of the Cypress Civic Center, prior to the start of the race. Photo by C.E.H. Wiedel.
- Mariellen Yarc jumps in the race for a 2012 seat on Cypress Council (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Council adopts 2012-2013 capital improvement program, nixes Lincoln Ave. bow-outs (oc-breeze.com)
- Family-Friendly Cypress Festival features Kid’s Fun Zone (oc-breeze.com)
- United Healthcare sparkles as platinum sponsor for Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Brewer Boys slated for Cypress Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Cypress Soroptimists to hold pasta drive at Cypress Community Festival (oc-breeze.com)
- Reallyshooo Kids Review brings joy to Cypress Festival stage (oc-breeze.com)