The following information was released by John Wayne Airport.
Airline passenger traffic at John Wayne Airport increased in June 2012 as compared to June 2011. In June 2012, the Airport served 784,849 passengers, an increase of 4.7% when compared to the June 2011 passenger traffic count of 749,815.
Commercial aircraft operations increased 2.8%, while Commuter aircraft operations decreased 9.8% when compared to the levels recorded in June 2011.
Total aircraft operations decreased in June 2012 as compared to the same month in 2011. In June 2012, there were 22,154 total aircraft operations (take-offs and landings), a decrease of 4.3% when compared to 23,141 total aircraft operations in June 2011.
General aviation activity, which accounted for 68% of the total aircraft operations during June 2012, decreased 7.1% when compared to June 2011.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 non-stop destinations in the United States, Mexico and Canada. More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
John Wayne Airport
Monthly Airport Statistics – June 2012
|Air Cargo Tons*||1,589||1,204||32.0%||8,503||7,436||14.3%|
|Total Aircraft Ops||22,154||23,141||-4.3%||129,476||131,228||-1.3%|
|General Aviation Ops||14,977||16,128||-7.1%||88,363||89,716||-1.5%|
|Commercial Aircraft Ops||6,912||6,725||2.8%||39,564||39,651||-0.2%|
|Commuter Aircraft Ops||222||246||-9.8%||1,305||1,777||-26.6%|
- United Airlines returns operations to Terminal B at John Wayne Airport (oc-breeze.com)
- Holiday travel tips from John Wayne Airport (oc-breeze.com)
- John Wayne Airport Ground Transportation Center construction to limit access, relocate shuttle service (oc-breeze.com)
- John Wayne Airport lower level roadway closures announced (oc-breeze.com)
- AirTran Airways begins nonstop service from John Wayne Airport to Cabo San Lucas and Mexico City (oc-breeze.com)
- Irvine student places second in 2012 International Aviation Student Art Contest (oc-breeze.com)