(Almost) the entire staff of Orange County Breeze trekked to the edge of the continent to breakfast at O’Malley’s on Main Irish Pub for the August networking breakfast for the Seal Beach Chamber of Commerce.
A large and lively crowd of local business people kept the joint jumping while conducting business, from self-introductions to upcoming events to committee reports to three business profiles (one short, two longer).
We were introduced as new members and received a membership certificate.
The meeting ended with drawings for door prizes donated by Chamber members to promote their businesses. While Orange County Breeze did not win the Big Prize of $100, we did win twice.
First, our underpaid office manager, Katie Wiedel, won an advanced copy of Outside the Lines: A Novel by Amy Havatny. The book was donated by Jack D. Stidham, salesman for John Bloesner Carpet One Floor & Home, 5510 Britton Dr. in Long Beach. His phone number is 562-430-7501.
Then our Big Kahuna Advertising Director, Guy Cariglio, won a box of See’s Candies Awesome Peanut Brittle Bar — packaged with a new toothbrush! The combo door prize was donated by Alyson D. Emery, DDS, and Douglas V. Emery, DDS, General Dentistry, 3840 Woodruff Ave., Suite 208, in Long Beach. Their phone number is 562-421-9361.
Thank you to everyone at this morning’s meeting for making us feel welcome!
O’Malley’s on Main Irish Pub is located at 140 Main St. in Old Town Seal Beach.
All that&squo;s left of the boxful of truly awesome See’s peanut brittle bars. Photo by C.E.H. Wiedel.
- Beach Fitness-Crossfit Seal Beach chosen as State Senator Harman’s small business of the year (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Chamber CEO to retire (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Legislative Mixer scheduled for Friday, Aug. 17 (oc-breeze.com)
- Rotary Club sponsors Twenty-first Annual Seal Beach Fishing Derby (oc-breeze.com)
- Crema Café in Old Town Seal Beach expands [Updated] (oc-breeze.com)