The following information was released by the City of Seal Beach.
Starting August 26, 2012 Long Beach Transit will no longer extend routes 131 and 171 into Seal Beach. Long Beach Transit and the Orange County Transit Authority are working together to create smooth and timely transfer locations and schedules. After August 26, 2012 service to Seal Beach on Long Beach Transit (LBT) will be made through connections with Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA). A list of transfer connections is below.
Transfer Connections between OCTA Route 1 and LBT Routes 131 and 171
1. From Northbound OCTA Route 1 to Westbound LBT route 131, exit at the stop at PCH at Studebaker NW and wait at the same stop for Westbound LBT Route 131.
2. From Northbound OCTA Route 1 to Westbound LBT Route 171, transfer at the stop at 7th at Channel. After exiting the bus, walk west approximately 200 feet to the LBT stop on the same side of the street. Note: transfer to Route 171 here, rather than PCH at Studebaker NW, because 1) Route 171 serves 7th at Channel twice as often as it serves
PCH at Studebaker and 2) Route 171 does not serve PCH at Studebaker on weekends.
3. From Eastbound LBT Route 171 buses short-turning at Cal State to Southbound OCTA Route 1, exit at the stop on 7th at Channel and walk approximately 200 feet east to the OCTA stop.
4. From Eastbound LBT Route 171 buses ending at the Marketplace to Southbound OCTA Route 1, exit the bus as the last stop at PCH at Studebaker NW and cross the street to the OCTA Route 1 bus stop on the southeast corner of the street.
5. From Eastbound LBT Route 131 buses to the Southbound OCTA Route 1, exit at the stop on 2nd at PCH SE and wait at the same stop for the Southbound OCTA Route 1.
6. Patrons of OCTA Route 1 can also transfer to LBT Routes 81 (peak hours only), 91, 92, 93, 94, and 96 (peak hours only) at 7th at Channel.
7. Patrons of OCTA Route 1 can also transfer to LBT Route 121 (formerly Passport D) at 2nd at PCH.
For more information please call Long Beach Transit at 562-591-2301 or the Orange County Transportation Authority at 714-560-6282.