The following information was released by Los Alamitos Unified School District.
Los Alamitos Unified School District is pleased to announce that Darrenn Platt has been selected as the new Assistant Principal at Oak Middle School.
Mr. Platt has worked in education for over 18 years and has been with the Los Alamitos Unified School District for the past seven years.
He taught middle school social studies, was the special projects coordinator, and ran the Peer Assistance Review (PAR) program for the Bellflower Unified School District before coming to Los Alamitos in 2006.
Mr. Platt has served in Los Alamitos Unified as a Learning Specialist, social studies teacher, and RTI coordinator at McAuliffe Middle School. In addition, Mr. Platt has served as Co-Principal for our secondary Summer School.
Mr. Platt received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from California State University, Long Beach and his Master of Arts Degree in Education Administration from California State University, Dominguez Hills.
“My career goal is to help ignite each student’s unlimited possibilities. I’m excited to join the rest of the Oak staff in pursuing that goal, and I’m proud to be One of the Pride,” said Darrenn Platt.
Principal Sally Neiser said, “Darren’s educational leadership background, heart for kids, and community involvement make him the ideal person to join the Oak administrative team in serving the Lion Pride community; and, together, achieving ever higher levels of success.”
Mr. Platt lives in Los Alamitos with his wife, Jenny, of 18 years and their three (soon to be four) children. He assumes his new role effective August 13, 2012.
Courtesy photo of Darrenn Platt.
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board approves acceptance of July donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board incumbents running unopposed for re-election (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos School Board accepts $166,889 in donations (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD opposes proposed narrowing of Almond Avenue for I-405 expansion (oc-breeze.com)
- 193 students honored in Los Alamitos Unified School District for biliteracy skills (oc-breeze.com)
- Hopkinson gets new principal, looks to finish modernization (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education commends Gretchen Shegina (oc-breeze.com)
- Relay for Life to be held at Oak Middle School (oc-breeze.com)
- Joshua Arnold introduced as new LAHS principal (oc-breeze.com)