The following information was released by Orange County Transportation Authority.
Beginning Sunday, August 19 at 5 a.m. the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge will be reduced down to one northbound lane and one southbound lane, with a center median reserved for emergency service vehicles.
This reduced lane configuration will remain in place for approximately 11 months as crews work to reconstruct the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge over the I-405 freeway, one half at a time.
This work is necessary as crews work to reconstruct the Seal Beach Blvd. bridge in order to accommodate additional carpool lanes on the I-405 freeway below.
In addition, Seal Beach Boulevard will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., Saturday night, Aug. 18 and Sunday night, Aug. 19, from N. Gate Rd. to Old Ranch Pkwy., so that crews can install k-rail and adjust roadway striping prior to the lane reduction on Sunday morning.
Intermittent nighttime closures of the bridge will continue over the next few weeks, during bridge demolition and other similar activity.
- West Orange County Connector Project nighttime closures August 15 through August 18 (oc-breeze.com)
- Nighttime closures Monday, August 6 to Thursday, August 9 (oc-breeze.com)
- SB I-405 / SB I-605 connection re-opened this morning (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project nighttime closures July 5 to 7 (oc-breeze.com)
- West Orange County Connectors Project closures for week of July 8 (oc-breeze.com)
- Weekend closures for West Orange County Connector project (oc-breeze.com)
- West County Connectors Mid-Week Update – Nighttime Closures Aug. 9-12, 2012 (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach neighborhood meeting discussing quality of life in College Park East (oc-breeze.com)