The following information was released by the City of Los Alamitos.
This Fall, the Los Alamitos Recreation & Community Services Department is calling on local businesses and organizations to help make a new City event come to life.
On Friday, October 26, 2012 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., the City will introduce a brand new event called Trunk or Treat featuring a Treasure Hunt.
Youth will be given a chance to play games, hunt for candy, win prizes, compete in a costume contest, and more!
The spook-tacular night is in honor of Red Ribbon week, supporting safe and drug-free alternatives for local youth.
Festivities will take place at Laurel Park (on the corner of Bloomfield and Katella).
What can local business, organizations, and families do to help?
There are plenty of opportunities!
from hosting a car trunk or donating candy to contributing carnival games, sponsoring the event, or providing merchandise and gift certificates to be used as prizes.
All contributing donors will be recognized for their generosity and promoted throughout the day, as well as on the City’s website leading up to the event.
A winning trunk will be selected and honored for their efforts with the “Tricked Out Trunk” award and a spooky good prize.
This event looks to be an exciting and safe Halloween alternative that is fun for families from Los Alamitos and surrounding communities.
We hope that you will consider partnering with us to help make this a great community event and lasting tradition.
For additional information or to download a trunk application, please visit www.cityoflosalamitos.org or contact the Los Alamitos Recreation & Community Services Department at 562-430-1073.
- Los Alamitos Senior Club to host Bingo Fundraiser (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Fall recreation guide now available (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos to honor the USA Women’s Olympic Water Polo Team (oc-breeze.com)
- Local community teams up with Keller Williams Realty to help homeless students get school supplies (oc-breeze.com)
- Darrenn Platt chosen as new assistant principal at Oak Middle School (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos releases list of City Council candidates (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board incumbents running unopposed for re-election (oc-breeze.com)
- Cell phone collection drive proving successful for Keller Williams Realty Los Alamitos (oc-breeze.com)
- Thrift Redefined to hold fundraiser for local teens’ missions (oc-breeze.com)