The following information was released by Los Alamitos Unified School District.
It is with great pleasure that the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education announces that Issaic Gates has been named as the new Dean of Students at Los Alamitos High School.
Issaic comes to us by way of the McKinley School in Pasadena where he taught math and social studies and was the school’s administrative designee.
He’s worked closely with teachers in supporting the use of best practices in the classroom, improving learning outcomes for students, and partnering with parents to engage and re-engage students in their academic and social endeavors.
A native of Florida, where he went to high school and played Division-I football at the University of Central Florida, Issaic moved to California in 2001 to pursue a career in education.
Mr. Gates earned his B.S. in Education from UCF, and his M.A. in Education Administration from California State University of Los Angeles. Issaic will complete his doctorate in K-12 Leadership from the University of Southern California in the spring of 2013.
Mr. Gates and his wife, Rasheedah, live in Duarte with their 10-year old son, David, and 21-month-old daughter, Grace.
When asked about the new Dean of Students, Principal Josh Arnold stated, “Mr. Gates is a talented educator, and I know that he will do a great job serving the students and parents in the community.”
Mr. Gates added, “As the new Dean of Students, I consider it a great privilege to work with the Griffins of Los Alamitos High School. I am looking forward to developing strong, collaborative relationships and contributing to the preparation of graduates who are ready to change the world!”
Courtesy photo of Issaic Gates.
- 193 students honored in Los Alamitos Unified School District for biliteracy skills (oc-breeze.com)
- Darrenn Platt chosen as new assistant principal at Oak Middle School (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board incumbents running unopposed for re-election (oc-breeze.com)
- LAUSD opposes proposed narrowing of Almond Avenue for I-405 expansion (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board approves acceptance of July donations (oc-breeze.com)
- Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education commends Gretchen Shegina (oc-breeze.com)
- Fountain Valley educator to lead Los Al High (ocregister.com)
- Hopkinson gets new principal, looks to finish modernization (oc-breeze.com)