The following information was released by the Seal Beach Police Department.
During the nighttime hours of Wednesday, August 29, 2012, two residential burglaries occurred in the Old Town area of Seal Beach. The suspect(s) in these cases cut the window screens of opened residential windows, reached through the cut screen, and stole items that were located near the window.
Although both of these crimes occurred in the Old Town area of Seal Beach, all Seal Beach residents are urged to take safeguards to protect themselves from this type of criminal activity. Crimes such as this are prone to occur during unseasonably hot weather when residents leave their windows open at night to cool their homes. Residents are encouraged to utilize alternative means to cool their homes and to secure their valuables so that they are not readily accessible to opportunistic criminals.
Anyone with information on these crimes is urged to contact Seal Beach Police Corporal Dave Barr at 562.700.4100, extension 1110.
- Amiguitos by Seal Beach Recreation and Community Services (oc-breeze.com)
- Rotary Club sponsors Twenty-first Annual Seal Beach Fishing Derby (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Animal Care Center Announces the 17th Annual Wag N’ Walk (oc-breeze.com)
- Walk on water with Seal Beach stand up paddleboarding class (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Police seeking information about injury accident on Seal Beach Blvd. (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Police Department to invites residents to National Night Out (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Police Department adds second location to National Take-Back Day (oc-breeze.com)
- Beach Fitness-Crossfit Seal Beach chosen as State Senator Harman’s small business of the year (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach welcomes new interim Chief of Police (oc-breeze.com)
- Seal Beach Dentist thanks community for fifty years of support (oc-breeze.com)