The following information was released by Gary DeLong for Congress.
Former Long Beach Mayor Eunice Sato, the first woman elected Mayor of Long Beach, has thrown her full support behind Gary DeLong’s Congressional Campaign. To view a complete list of Gary DeLong’s endorsements click here.
“Gary’s strong ties and commitment to the Long Beach community and his track record of bi-partisan leadership in difficult economic times clearly demonstrate Gary is uniquely qualified to represent a district as diverse as CA-47,” Mayor Sato said.
Widely recognized as the first female Asian-American mayor of a major city, former Mayor Sato served the City of Long Beach well during her tenure as both a City Councilmember and subsequently as Mayor.
“Gary is the type of leader who serves the public, but he isn’t a career politician,” Mayor Sato said. “He stays above identity politics and works to make our community better. Gary is precisely the type of leader our nation needs in these divisive times. He gets things done.”
Gary DeLong has achieved bi-partisan success year after year as a Long Beach elected official. A local small business owner in the telecommunications industry for nearly three decades, he turned around a company on the verge of bankruptcy by increasing revenues, reducing overhead, and focusing on the customer. Mr. DeLong is running to represent California’s newly drawn 47th Congressional District.
Los Angeles County comprises 58% of the new 47th Congressional District, which includes the communities of Avalon, Long Beach, Signal Hill and a portion of Lakewood. 42% of the district lies in Orange County, including the communities of Cypress, Los Alamitos and Rossmoor, and portions of Buena Park, Garden Grove, Stanton and Westminster.
The California Target Book’s analysis of the newly drawn district indicates Republicans held a 52-48 edge in the 2010 Congressional elections.
- Former Long Beach Mayor Beverly O’Neill endorses Alan Lowenthal for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- New O.C. House seat tilting Democratic (totalbuzz.ocregister.com)
- Democrats tap Lowenthal for strong campaign help (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- 2012 Democratic Party Opposition Research File for Gary DeLong (CA-47) [Document] (johnmalcolm.me)
- Dems Opposition Research Revealed in Google Search (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- California: DCCC Pushes Back With Poll in 47th District (rollcall.com)
- 47th House candidates square off on Queen Mary (totalbuzz.ocregister.com)