The following information was released by Alan Lowenthal for U.S. Congress.
The Long Beach Police Officers Association and the National Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alan Lowenthal’s campaign for Congress.
“Police Officers trust Alan Lowenthal to make our community’s safety a priority,” said LBPOA President Steve James, “He understands we need safe neighborhoods if we want to turn our economy around. That’s why hundreds of thousands of Police Officers from across the United States support him for Congress.”
For over 70 years, the LBPOA has been fighting for the rights of peace officers as well as protecting and serving our community. In Congress, Alan Lowenthal will work to secure the funding that is necessary to keep our streets safe and our peace officers at peak performance.
Alan Lowenthal is a College Professor and State Senator who has lived in and worked to improve our community for more than forty years.
Widely recognized as an effective, bi-partisan problem solver, Senator Alan Lowenthal and his focus on creating jobs, reforming government, improving education, and finding real-world solutions to the economic crisis is exactly the kind of leadership we need in Washington.
The newly drawn 47th Congressional District includes the cities of Long Beach, Lakewood, Signal Hill, Cypress, Garden Grove, Westminster, Los Alamitos, and Rossmoor. The District has an eleven-point Democratic registration advantage and was won by President Obama in 2008 by eighteen points.
Courtesy photo of Alan Lowenthal.
- Former Long Beach Mayor Beverly O’Neill endorses Alan Lowenthal for Congress (oc-breeze.com)
- Congressional candidate DeLong announces debate with opponent Lowenthal (oc-breeze.com)
- Democrats tap Lowenthal for strong campaign help (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- New O.C. House seat tilting Democratic (totalbuzz.ocregister.com)
- California teacher evaluation bill abandoned by lawmakers (latimes.com)